I must admit, until I saw the beautiful fall project conceived by "that artist woman" and linked to here on Craft Schooling Sunday, I never quite understood why anyone would want to craft with eggshells. That was then, and this is now.....so let me tell you, eggshells really are a great crafting material! And in case you're sceptical, as I was, they're easy to wash and they dry quickly. Just one word of caution: should you decide to save your eggshells, I would find a discreet place to hoard them or your friends and family may start to worry about you! And like I say from time to time, just tell them I set you up to it!
- clean egg shells
- acrylic craft paint
- black paper
- white glue or modge podge
- Paint egg shells and set aside to dry.
- Once egg shells are dry, working in small areas of your paper, brush on a coat of diluted white glue or modge podge and smash small sections of egg shell into the glue with your finger, such that the eggshell breaks into fragments. Continue working this way to cover the paper, and set aside to dry.
- Once dry, go over the entire surface with a coat of diluted white glue or modge podge.
- You can use this sheet of eggshell mosaic for collage or other craft projects, but we're still enjoying ours in it's abstract simple state. Check back tomorrow to see how we've used this eggshell paper.!